Audience Development Worker – Job Description
Carnegie House is Bridgend’s only arts centre. Set up in 2014, Carnegie House is launching an exciting new participatory arts programme in 2018. As part of this we are looking to employ a part-time Audience Development Worker, from February 1st.
The Audience Development Worker (ADW) will be responsible for implementing a range of initiatives to establish intergenerational audiences for the programme of community arts events at Carnegie House in 2018.
- To programme and manage 4 series of community arts workshops in consultation with the Arts Project Officer;
- To work in a collaborative way with CF31 BID team and BCBC to plan large-scale town events;
- To lead on the implementation of the Audience Development Marketing Plan;
- To manage the participatory programme budget;
- To liaise with relevant services and organisations to identify potential participants for the project;
- To liaise with ACW where necessary;
- To monitor and evaluate the project using a range of platforms including recording attendance figures, feedback questionnaires and surveys;
- To provide regular reports against project targets to the Arts Project Officer;
- On completion of the project to provide a written evaluation of the project.
Person Specification: Essential Qualities/ Experience
- Excellent communication skills with both individuals, organisations and professionals and ability to develop partnerships;
- Arts and/or community project management experience;
- Marketing experience;
- Experience of managing budgets;
- Experience of ticketing platforms (eg Ticketsource);
- Good self-management and time-management skills;
- Good administrative skills;
- Willingness to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends;
- Experience of working with volunteers;
- IT literate including the use of email, Word, Excel, Social Media, Survey Monkey, Mailchimp;
- The satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check.
The above list is an indication of the duties that will normally be expected of the post. However, it is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties that are within the scope of the post and portfolio.
The post will be offered as a freelance position 10 days per month @ £100 per day. Total £1,000 per month/ £10,000 for full contract.
Place of work: this is a freelance role and the place of work will vary according to the needs of the job. There will be a hot-desk available at Carnegie House during the week.
Dates: Feb 1st -Nov 30th 2018. Variable hours with some flexibility to suit the needs of the programme.
Fee: £10,000 Note: This is a freelance contract and the employee will be responsible for their own IR and NI contributions.
To apply: Please send a CV and a letter of application outlining your interest in the role and the ways your skills and experience match the person specification above to Tracy Evans email@example.com by midday 12th January 2018. If you would like any further information or for an informal discussion please contact Tracy on 07588 871843.
Please note: this role could be combined with the Development Worker post at Evergreen Hall, our sister venue for older people in Bridgend (15 hours per week). If you are interested in that role too please contact Tracy on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07588 871843.