Carnegie House Promoters Scheme
This year we are planning a number of event series. As well as ensuring we attract regular audiences to these, we also want to make sure new audiences, especially young people are encouraged to attend. So we are looking for a team of people to help us spread the word and to act as hosts at the events themselves.
We are looking for outgoing, motivated people from Bridgend or the surrounding areas who are passionate about engaging people, and especially young people, in the arts. If you have a few spare hours every month for flyering, social network promotions and attending the events, we would love to hear from you.
The events will be:
- Jazz concerts
- World Music concerts
- Lunchtime Classical concerts
- Artists Residencies
- Children’s Theatre
- Artist’s Networking events
We would like to hear from people who are interested in each specific artform. We can offer a small fee to cover your costs, as well as offering a free ticket for you and a guest to attend each event in your series. Events run from April-June and September-November.
If you are interested please send us an email to tell us a little bit about:
- Why you would like to be involved
- What skills, experience, and interests you could bring to the role (you don’t need to have previous experience as a promoter, we just need to know that you would be able to do the tasks associated with it)
- Some brief ideas for how you might go about developing your chosen event series: what groups you might contact, how you would get people interested etc.
- Please specify which series you would like to promote- there may be more than one.
We are holding an informal information event if you would like to talk to us further about this on Monday 29th February, 6.30pm at Carnegie House.
Please email us in advance if you are planning to attend, so we know who to expect: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will consider working with us to grow our small, new venue into a vibrant space that puts the community at the heart of what it does and is accessible to everyone.